- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or 5+ years relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Dev Ops Engineer or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience leveraging Dev Ops automation, build automation and configuration management tools
- 2+ years of experience implementing and administering AWS services including EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, RDS and Dynamo DB etc.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, OS, Networking, problem solving, and performance tuning
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and drive, design, and implement large scale systems
- Experience with Agile SCRUM or Kanban
Come and join our fast growing team! You will work with a highly motivated team that is building features from scratch to support Custom Advertising. Every month we have new challenges, from create innovative ways to support campaigns, automate our tools, learn new AWS technology and modernize our architecture.
A day in the life
As a Systems Engineer in our team, you will ensure that we deliver innovative ad products and experiences across a wide range of devices and web. You will be working on tools and infrastructure challenges involving novel customer experiences, AWS services, and large-scale back-end web services, all with the goal of delivering a seamless experience to the customer.
About the hiring group
At Amazon Custom Advertising- Moments team, we create products that Amazon customers and advertisers love. We deliver unique and innovative experiences to Amazon customers and measurable results to our advertiser partners. We design, build and iterate-on customer-centric advertising products that surprise and delight customers.
Our products allow advertisers to run reward based advertising campaigns. These campaigns allow consumers to receive rewards (discounts, free subscriptions) for taking some specific actions(purchasing products and services or interacting with advertiser content).
We’re a dynamic, inclusive team that values collaboration and thinking-big.
As a system engineer,
- You will understand and develop insights into existing architecture of products owned by Custom Advertising- Moments team.
- You will solve technical challenges faced by business teams in utilizing our products to run custom advertising campaigns.
- You will co-own moments team's infrastructure and ensure that issues/risks associated with infrastructure are kept to a minimum.
- You will build and maintain dashboards to monitor infrastructure owned by Moments team.
- You will create and maintain automation for repetitive engineering tasks. For tasks that can not be automated, you will create and maintain SOPs.
- You will solve technical challenges by troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing software and infrastructure issues on both legacy and AWS or cloud related solutions.
- You will collaborate with others team members and business teams. You will educate and mentor other team members increase the effectiveness of the overall team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 2+ years of experience building scripts, tooling, and automation using PowerShell, Python, Java, SQL, or Shell to streamline operational processes
- Hands-on experience building monitoring, alerting, dashboards, and metrics reporting
- Experience implementing DevOps concepts, tools, processes, and culture
- AWS certifications such as SysOps Administrator - Associate
- Experience integrating tools and systems with APIs
- Experience mentoring and developing junior engineers