- Bachelor’s degree in ME, EE, SW or related technical field or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in hardware development programs across full product life cycles for concept development to manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience managing scope, schedule and resources across multiple cross-functional hardware and software engineering teams
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout & https://blog.aboutamazon.com/transportation/whats-next-for-amazon-scout
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work on advanced development for the Scout program - driving and delivering new technologies and applications that serve our last mile delivery promise. You will collaborate with internal and external inter-disciplinary teams from investigation to proof of concept to product development - including product definition, execution, test and delivery. The Technical Program Manager will drive and motivate cross-functional teams to deliver. In this role, you will:
- Investigate, qualify, and champion new ideas and projects
- Create plans and drive project execution
- Lead cross functional project meetings
- Lead milestone reviews
- Manage proof of concept prototype builds
- Interact with Sr. Program Managers, Engineers, Product Managers, and External Partners to define and deliver new technologies, features, and products.
- Lead effective and efficient projects.
- Build project plans, balancing business needs with project risks and resource availability.
- Drive project execution, make technical tradeoffs, track and report on status, and resolve blocking issues.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Innate curiosity and ability to generate new ideas to solve problems
- Ability to distill ideas into viable concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- 5+ years of experience leading interdisciplinary discussions between Hardware, Reliability, Firmware, Software, Industrial design and Product management teams to define and drive scope and clarity of work.
- Experience driving multiple products through a complete life-cycle
- Prior experience with robotics and mechatronics or related products
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
- Basic fundamental knowledge of mechanical and electrical design to channel dependencies with partner teams in Manufacturing Test, Reliability, Sourcing, Hardware Quality, Safety, Compliance, EMC, Firmware, Security and Networking.
- Proven experience in launching hardware from concept to production.
- Track record of managing cross functional technology, product management, reliability, regulatory and testing teams to deliver complex products under tight time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to deliver multiple hardware projects at different complexity levels in parallel
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle and exhibit proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.