- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in international relations, political science or related field.
- 3+ years of project/program management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
Amazon’s ability to protect the safety and security of traveling employees is central to its continued growth and success. As a member of Amazon Corporate Security’s (ACS) - Travel Risk Management Team (TRM) it will be your job to further this objective by delivering data analysis to support business decisions, streamlining and automating team operational processes, and interfacing with technical and non-technical partners to deliver technology solutions and programs.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive understanding of risk, measures that mitigate against such risks, and a working knowledge of the global threat landscape to effectively support and implement programs that support TRM’s regional functions and their customers. Additionally, the right candidate will be data-driven with solid analytical skills, work with minimal direction, and drive improvement and innovation at scale. This position reports to the head of Travel Risk Management.
- Continuously evaluate tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality and scalable
- Provide leadership, expertise, and technical/operational guidance to stakeholders.
- Develop measures to define progress and ultimate success; establish ongoing reporting requirements
- Build mechanisms to support data-driven decision making.
- Developing long term goals, metrics and key performance indicators to drive continuous improvement aimed at keeping travelers safe
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results in a leadership role
- Track record of having earned the trust of leadership by enhancing team performance, enabling growth, and improving efficiency
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people, and technology challenges in order to identify risks and opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple complex projects
- Familiarity with AWS products and services, including S3 and Redshift.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data in order to tell a clear story
- Experience working with a Travel Risk Management team
- Familiarity with Python and SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us