Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch. The Lincolnton, NC Conversion, Customizing and Packaging Center is located approximately 30 miles from Charlotte. The facility employs just under 400 full time associates in a 5-shift operation, which encompasses 235,000 sq ft. along with 12,000 skus. ISO certified, our associates engage in BPS, CIP and 5S . By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Operate machines for a new metalworking production line in the existing Lincolnton, NC facility.
- Flexibility to be trained and operate different processes is required (e.g. lasercut, brazing, coating, chemical washing, grinding, packaging, other side processes)
- Responsible to reach the daily targets and escalate in case of deviations.
- Manually load and unload products from the machine
- Inspect parts and components as they come off the machine to ensure that quality standards are being met per quality guidelines.
- Use measurement gauges (dial indicator, micrometers) to verify part dimensions and tolerances.
- Adjust machine parameters through the interface.
- Participate in TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) activities within the area. Must be attentive and aware of machine anomalies as they occur.
- May be required to train new employees
- Provide feedback (CIP) to all related areas Machining, Assembly, Test and/or Quality.
- Cross-train on other functions within the team.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area as per 6S philosophy.
- Maintain safe work area and report any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records (i.e. date of production, problems, downtime, etc.).
- Identify production related problems and notify supervisor in a timely manner.
- Mandatory overtime may be required, sometimes with little advance notice.
- Exhibit flexibility to ensure there is adequate work coverage.
- Perform other essential and related peripheral duties as may be assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent from an accredited school (ex. PA Department of Education, FL Department of Education, US Military), technical or vocation schooling a plus.
- Previous experience in metalworking
- Cutting tool manufacturing experience is a plus
- Experience with driving forklifts, walkie-stackie
- Flexibility to work in different shifts, overtime
- Ability to stand and be mobile for 8-12 hours
- Experience running with HMI/CNC interface and alongside robots is a plus.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Skills including Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Ability to read and follow instructions and standard operating procedures
- Ability to read and prepare orders
- Ability to lift (up to) 40 lbs.
- Math skills appropriate to a machining environment.
- Able to read product prints and check product to match.
- Proficient in the use of measuring devices.
- Identify and assess basic problems with machine, trouble-shooting.
- Understand and follow procedures pertaining to machine cleanliness and tool organization.
- Proper hand dexterity
- Comfortable working in confined spaces
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.