At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As our Director, Equity Administration you will be a member of our dynamic Equity Administration Team and will support the day-to-day administration of our global equity compensation programs with a special emphasis on our Product and Engineering employees. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Equity and is responsible for managing a team that reports into the role.
At Compass You Will:
What We're Looking For:
- Partner with the Sr. Director, Equity Administration to run day-to-day administration of the company's equity plans, including transactions related to stock options, RSUs, SARs, deferrals and performance shares
- Develop innovative, best-in-class solutions for delivery of equity-related services to the company's employees—particularly, employees in the company's Product and Engineering groups
- Communicate with equity plan participants—particularly, employees in the company's Product and Engineering groups— regarding participation in the equity programs, resolving questions and concerns related to vesting, transactions, enrollment, and other general inquiries in a timely manner while maintaining discretion
- Partner with management responsible for our Product and Engineering teams to ensure a seamless equity administration experience for those teams
- Routinely interact with Accounting, Payroll, People & Culture, Legal and Tax
- Maintain policies and procedures related to equity administration, and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and foreign regulations along with securities laws
- Assist and support financial reporting activities for audit and external reporting
- Develop, maintain, and deliver educational materials and customized resources for participants on a worldwide basis
- Assist with maintaining database integrity and ensure accuracy of equity plan data working with our vendor, Shareworks
- Support the administration of an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), with a focus on supporting the administration of the plan for the company's employees on the product and engineering teams
- Implement process improvements and support automation initiatives between related department and systems
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects and reporting as requested
- BA or BS degree
- CEP Certification
- 10+ years of experience in equity compensation plan administration in a multinational publicly traded company
- People management experience preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail and customer service instincts
- Solid understanding of U.S. Federal and state taxation for equity compensation and a general knowledge of global tax principles
- Solid understanding of SOX compliance requirements and accounting standards relating to public company equity compensation
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously, both internal and external
- Self-starter and ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision
- Experience using Shareworks by Morgan Stanley a plus
- Proficient in Excel
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants