At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best and brightest to join our Finance team to drive strategic business decisions. The Director Finance - National Revenue & East Region
will manage all aspects of the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, monthly reporting and data analytics, cross-functional business partnering, and special projects associated with our new market expansion and agent recruiting initiatives. This "dual-hat" role is "Operational Finance" role supporting our Regional Presidents and it develops the $7B national revenue forecast for all US regions. This role is the strategic partner working with the market to plan and execute "profitable growth". This is a high visibility role with weekly revenue conferences with the Enterprise CFO and her direct reports. This role will report directly to the CFO - Regional Finance and will be based in our NYC HQ at 90th Fifth Avenue. It will manage a staff of four managers and four senior analysts who are all principally based in New York.
At Compass You Will:
What We're Looking For:
- Serve as the finance business partner to the East Region President and will collaborate with the regional presidents and regional finance teams across the US
- Develop revenue forecasts by establishing a deep understanding of the business and leverage housing and economic data, competitive dynamics and through a solid partnership with our economic/housing (external) consultants.
- Ensure timely and predictable approval processes for all in year personnel and large OpEx expenditures.
- Facilitate the annual regional budget and quarterly forecast processes contributing the impacts of new markets and agent recruiting, including analysis of consolidated projections and preparing management-level presentations
- Develop and deliver robust, consistent and accurate analysis of growth performance using KPI dashboards and non-financial data to highlight performance
- Analyze data and facilitate sound management decisions through financial and metric reporting while highlighting material variances, trends, & risks/opportunities, and providing insightful commentary to the business and partners
- Support the CFO - US Regional Finance in the development and ongoing improvement of the FP&A function, including driving consistency and improvement in business analysis and reporting
- Perform ad hoc analysis of financial data and business requests to monitor tactical decisions and enable strategic decision making
- Develop robust financial models and scenario planning to ensure more informed decision-making that contribute to a fiscally vibrant approach to revenue growth
- CPA/MBA experience highly preferred
- 12+ years of analytical/finance experience
- Real Estate/Brokerage industry, public accounting/consulting experience is a plus
- Positive attitude and solutions-oriented approach
- Ability and desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manipulate and model large volumes of data, interpret and identify pertinent issues
- Advanced proficiency level in Excel (advanced formulas; pivot tables; modelling, etc.) and PowerPoint (presenting information in a meaningful & concise manner)
- Adaptive, Tableau and NetSuite experience highly preferred
- CRM experience; Salesforce experience highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking ability
- Excellent presentation skills
- Leadership capabilities for both of direct team and across peer group (finance and non-finance)
- Ability to work with and influence non-finance teams based on robust data and analysis
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties and strong attention to detail
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants