At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
From the morning essentials that get us started to the office space that inspires our productivity, the Office Administrator is there to make it happen. Your expertise lies in your positivity, approachability, and execution abilities in a rapidly changing startup environment ranging from top executives and real estate agents to engineers, new-hires, and interns. As Office Admin, you will be the first impression for the entire organization and play a critical role in the daily operations of the office.
At Compass You Will:
What We Look For:
- Serve as the face of Compass by welcoming guests and providing a high-touch experience.
- Follow appropriate processes to greet & register office guests, coordinate with the host, and issue temporary access & parking as needed.
- Maintain and order necessary office supplies from appropriate vendors
- Field general office inquiries via phone, in-person visitors, or email and provide first-response support to employees and customers (agents).
- Liaise with Fed-Ex, UPS, USPS, etc for all incoming and outgoing packages
- Process and distribute all incoming mail
- Ensure cleanliness and overall organization of all areas of the office, including reception, conference rooms, kitchen, and general common areas.
- Ensure facilities standards, security, and aesthetics are maintained by conducting daily quality-assurance walkthroughs, holding third party vendors accountable to their scope of services, and coordinating office repairs/services.
- Manage internal communications including office updates and newsletters
- Provide administrative support to member(s) of the Manager team as needed, including calendaring and scheduling management, travel arrangements, and time and expense reports
- Manage and execute the office's standard operating procedures and tracking processes (including budgeting, SpaceIQ, Procurement, On-boarding, etc.).
- Provide Level 1 marketing and IT support to customers (agents) as needed.
- Log, update, and close Zendesk tickets as per standard operating procedures (where applicable).
- Partner with various members of the Workplace Operations team and other parts of Compass on special projects and initiatives.
- Champion Compass culture by planning and executing in-office and off-site meetings and events.
- Process lease/referral paperwork, handle commission checks, and calculate agent commission breakdowns.
- Perform other related duties as requested or as responsibilities dictate
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3 years of service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management, or equivalent office management experience
- Articulate and polished communication style
- Friendly, warm personality
- Experience in providing administrative support in a professional work environment
- Experience with Google Suite is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master new software applications
- Proactive and resourceful
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience at a startup or real estate brokerage preferred
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants