At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
The Design System team is responsible for the quality and coherence of the whole platform's UI and UX. We build and maintain a comprehensive set of components and guidelines for other teams to develop their features, both on Web, iOS, and Android. We also work on cross-cutting initiatives that span multiple apps and features, with subjects like Accessibility, Typography, and Colors.
At Compass You Will:
What We Look For:
- Own components from concept to code — knowing nothing is ever really final
- Support all teams build novel real estate products for agents and consumers that help get their jobs done and run smoothly
- Design, architect, and implement well-tested code in a Kotlin codebase.
- Mentor junior developers, lead the implementation of features, work cross-functionally to unblock your team
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Compass experience for the Android platform
- Analyze and optimize component code for efficiency and performance
- Carefully evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
- 7+ years' experience developing mobile applications for the Android environment
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software design patterns and Android best practices
- Ability to collaborate across engineering and design teams
- Ability to recognize and implement modern product design
- An enthusiasm for building user interfaces
- Team players who can be solutions-driven while collaborating without ego
- Experience with Kotlin and the Android ecosystem
- A relentless desire to improve - yourself, your team, processes, user experience, tooling, etc
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants