At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Senior Software Engineer, Front End, Consumer Search
About the Team:
As part of our Consumer Search team, you'll be responsible for crafting a best-in-class home search experience for our users. You'll work closely with our product team to deliver new features, and to iterate on existing ones. You'll be informed by user-research and feel empowered to contribute to product and business decisions. And you'll lean on your passion for technology to suggest and make improvements to our tech stack and infrastructure.
You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You're both a listener and contributor. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You love trying out new frameworks and libraries.
At Compass You Will:
What We Look For:
- Build, develop and scale the front end of our platform that powers the compass.com experience for buyers, sellers and real estate agents
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
- Experience with Node server frameworks like Koa or Express
- Experience with Typescript, Webpack is a plus
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications
- In-depth experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- Experience with automated testing with some exposure to TDD
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery is a plus
- Experience working in an agile, team-oriented environment
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent (job experience, bootcamps, etc)
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants