About the opportunity
As the Senior Internal Communications Manager, you will work with leaders at the highest levels of the company as a trusted communications advisor for executive leadership. You will lead communications and change management efforts to support internal programs and ensure communications inform, educate, motivate and engage employees. You will be a key component of our internal brand and you will be able to see your work help positively shape what it means to work at Contentful!
What to expect?
What you need to be successful?
- Building relationships with the executives mentioned above and acting as a strategic thought partner on how our company and our teams communicate information that is critical for how Contentful works.
- Working with Policy & PR colleagues to align internal and external messaging, and to ensure consistency across comms strategies.
- Produce superb written internal communications and succinct talking points for executive leaders, and deliver constructive feedback.
- Supporting and executing regular all-hands town hall meetings and other major internal events, including producing the executives' content and speaker notes and pre- and post-event communications.
- Partnering with other teams on how we can advance people and culture initiatives.
- Working with the brand team to reinforce the strong positive culture that we enjoy here at Contentful
- Manage and translate complex business issues into compelling and clear messages
- Persuade, influence and respond to senior leaders and stakeholders; you are a confident and fact-based advisor to senior management who can balance multiple strategic directions and priorities
- High-quality copywriting, speech writing, presentation planning and delivery skills
- Drive communication activities to support transformation, change management and culture initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills: nonverbal and verbal, informing, presenting, engaging, convincing, aligning, advising senior executives
- Be culturally and politically sensitive; proven ability to take an inclusive approach by working internationally with central, regional and country organization
- Strong empathetic skills: listening, adopting right tone of voice
- A trustworthy and dependable team player, with the ability to operate under your own direction and demonstrate high productive capacity
What's in it for you?
- 6-8 years experience managing complex global internal communication programs in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience in working with publicly capable and public companies within the technology industry (SaaS preferred, but not required)
- Experience in corporate communications and internal campaigns and programs
- Experience producing content for internal audiences at varying levels across an organization
- Experience moderating all-hands events and logistics
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously and working autonomously
- A passion for internal communications and experience helping executives communicate effectively with their teams.
Who are we?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We're growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
"Everyone is welcome here"
— is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking "Apply for this job," I acknowledge that I have read the "Contentful's Candidate Privacy Notice", and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.