Deloitte Encore Program - QA Automation Experienced Technical Specialist – Deloitte Support Services India Private Limited
The Deloitte Encore Program is specifically designed to enable seasoned professionals who have left the workforce for one to three years to return to work. This paid 16 week program offers an opportunity to enhance your skills while providing you a role in a client service environment. A network of Deloitte professionals will be assigned to provide you with relevant training and mentorship, and will help support your professional growth while you gain hands-on experience. You may also have the opportunity to join the team upon successful completion of the program.
The Deloitte Encore Program will run from November 2021 to February 2022. Whether it leads to a full-time career, or serves to sharpen skills that will help you to take the next step back into the job market, the Deloitte Encore Program is a great opportunity to reignite your professional career.
Our IT & Systems team works behind the scenes, but is essential to the Deloitte organization. Our forward-thinking team members have the analytical skills needed to parse mountains of data and stellar communications skills needed to present research, discovery, and recommendations in a logical and easily understandable way. Our technologists provide IT infrastructure support and work with clients to develop custom enterprise applications. In addition, the team develops and maintains solutions built on varied technologies like Siebel, PeopleSoft Microsoft technologies and Lotus Notes. The setup has various groups which provide effective solutions to the customers by following a streamlined system development methodology and comprises of groups like Usability, Application Architecture, Development and Quality Assurance and Performance.
Work you’ll do
- Responsible for maintaining, enhancing and developing and supporting applications and technology solutions.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of industry best standards in software development and version controlling.
- Able to work on agile projects, participating in daily SCRUM calls and providing task updates.
- Responsible for determining level of effort estimations, monitoring task execution and meeting established project milestones.
- Collaborates with delivery team members to maximize and leverage the understanding of business solution functional requirements and non-functional requirements.
- Must be a self-starter and must be able to work independently.
- Well organized with great attention to detail and great communication skills.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Collaborates with application developers, designers, and architects to ensure a shared understanding of the business model and the detailed function requirements.
- Works with Technical Delivery Manager proactively for task prioritization, resolving issues and escalations
- Responsible for conducting analysis of defects with development team and BA, interfacing with client and other stakeholders in detailing requirements as may be required, replicating issues for analysis and resolution
- Works with Studio BA/QA resources to support testing
- Participates in studio daily scrum and project status calls to provide accurate updates on deliverable timelines and status
- Participates in reviews of plans associated with project execution.
- A Technical Lead for the team:
- Manage conflicting priorities.
- Escalate issues quickly to the right people with the right sense of urgency.
- Estimate work assigned to the team.
- Direct new and less experienced team members.
- Contribute to the hands-on efforts of the team.
Work Location: HyderabadShift Timings: 11 AM to 8 PM
- Review work done by team members (including VSTS check-ins).
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent education
7+ years of experience in QA/Testing with at least 2 years in test automation
- Expert level of experience in automation testing of web applications and Database using Selenium Web driver.
- Knowledge of continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- Experience in designing and developing testing frameworks (keyword-driven, Data-driven or hybrid)
- Experience working on frameworks such as Junit/ TestNG
- Advanced programming skills on C# or Java
- Expert level knowledge of QA process and testing methodology
- Experience with continuous integration development and deployment
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes
- Analyze testing requirements based on the business requirements
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Assure timely completion of testing for projects as well as comprehensive bug tracking and reporting
- Support Agile / Scrum software development life cycle and project management approach by creating, documenting, and executing test plans
- Write SQL queries and utilize SQL Server Management Studio for various testing scenarios
- Provide code review and guidance to QA automation team and functional testing team, analyze test coverage and results to ensure functionality
- Analyze test coverage and test results to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Execute functional, application, and regression tests
- Provide technical expertise to other team members
- Provide architectural input on new and existing QA and testing solutions
- Create and maintain design and implementation documentation in support of work performed
- Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, for technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Build and maintain relationships within R&D and with cross-functional peers
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong time and priority management skills.
- Post-Graduation (MCA and M. Tech Computer Science, Information Technology) is preferred
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, we’ve invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people’s growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.Recruiting tips
Finding the right job and preparing for the recruitment process can be tricky. Check out tips from our Deloitte recruiting professionals to set yourself up for success. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
We believe that to be an undisputed leader in professional services, we should equip you with the resources that can make a positive impact on your well-being journey. Our vision is to create a leadership culture focused on the development and well-being of our people. Here are some of our benefits and programs to support you and your family’s well-being needs. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our people and our culture make Deloitte a place where leaders thrive. Get an inside look at the rich diversity of background, education, and experiences of our people. What impact will you make? Be inspired by the stories of our people.Professional development
You want to make an impact. And we want you to make it. We can help you do that by providing you the culture, training, resources, and opportunities to help you grow and succeed as a professional. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Requisition code: 50853