Manager, Health Care, Operational Excellence/Process Improvement
Focuses on assisting those organizations that are responsible for the delivery, funding and payment management of health care and medical related services. Clients include hospitals, academic medical centers, health systems, home health agencies, long term care, outpatient facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, practitioners and physician groups as well as health plans, other health insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers. Also drives integration with government agencies.
Work you will do
Managers are professionals with strong records of academic and professional achievement who have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. Deloitte Consulting professionals must also be capable of working and communicating with people at all levels of an organization. Responsibilities typical of a manager on one of these projects could include:
Operations Transformation Team
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
- Oversee work plans for multiple components of an engagement
- Manage activities between work streams
- Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential and complex data sets
- Conduct client interviews and facilitate client meetings
- Develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
- Design and manage deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
- Mentor and develop junior staff
Our Operations Transformation team focuses on transforming our clients core business operations. We advise, design, implement, and deploy solutions focused on the heart of the business issues in specific sectors including Health Care, Banking & Securities, Insurance, and Energy & Resources. Our Market Offerings include Operating Model Transformation and Center for Process Bionics.
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a more strategic view of our clients priorities, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
In addition, successful Managers will also have the following preferred skills
- Bachelors degree from accredited university
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in a health care or consulting setting (or at least 4 years with MBA/MHA/equivalent masters degree), including at least 4 years with health plan or provider focus and functioning as a Manager in a Consulting environment.
- 5+ years of experience with business and clinical operations experience and subject matter expertise on Value Based Care, Population Health Management, Care Management, and Analytics; Clinical and HP Operations and Pharmacy/PBM
- Understands people, process, and technology implications regarding operating an efficient care management program
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Performed above expectations in previous professional roles
- Competent in Microsoft suite of Business Software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel up to 80% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
- Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA) from a top tier program
- Professional experience with healthcare cost reduction planning and implementation
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Tolerance for working in ambiguous, uncertain environments
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Experience leading or managing teams and change initiative
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloittes impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.