Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience working at an agency or brand-side.
- Experience in using brand strategy to develop insights, lead messaging, and for creative development.
- Experience building/managing global or regional marketing and integrated communication plans.
About the job
Experience developing/creating alignment around messaging hierarchies and positioning frameworks to guide thought leadership and creative work.
- Experience working with unstructured information to build strategic approaches.
- Experience developing marketing campaigns, reviewing creatives, directing creative partners, and developing toolkits.
- Knowledge of brand architecture, messaging development, brand management, insights development, and general marketing processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As a part of the Google Ads Marketing team, you will join a team of storytellers who build internal strategic tools, insight-driven creative work, and global marketing programs to influence the industry’s leading brands.
As a Brand Strategist, you will use your strategic and marketing expertise to manage projects that connect Google’s brand and business with what matters the most to our customers. You will translate business objectives/insights into strategic brand roadmaps and impactful points of view, then define requirements for creative and marketing programs to bring them to market.
In this role, you will work with research partners to develop insights that unlock new ways of thinking about our industry’s challenges and opportunities. You will use breakthrough storytelling and clear frameworks to help marketing leaders around the world make concepts compelling. You will work with creative partners to build and scale impactful narratives through tactics like paid media, thought leadership content, and events.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Shape global brand initiatives to generate insights around industry-wide issues that face Google Ads' customers.
- Develop compelling messaging strategies to increase key brand perceptions with priority audiences.
- Build integrated marketing plans for the global Google Ads marketing team, marketing frameworks, and best practices.
- Partner with global counterparts to drive scale and optimize the model for global and local program elements.
- Define the measurement strategy to assess the impact of our global programs.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.