Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of relevant professional experience
About the job
- Experience at a management consulting firm or corporate strategy, business operations, or business planning function at a large enterprise company/firm
- Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives, using business judgment and the ability to working in fast-growing, dynamic, and ambiguous environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation, and presentation skills, with ability to influence large cross-functional teams and facilitate clear and open communication and collaboration across all levels of the organization
- Project management, relationship management, and change management skills
The Global Capacity Delivery (GCD) organization delivers capacity at scale for Google infrastructure needs - servers, storage, networking, ML accelerators, and Cloud platforms. We plan, buy, build, and deploy infrastructure. Our focus areas include supply chain, logistics, commodity management, new product introduction, and sustainability. The Strategy and Transformation team within Global Capacity Delivery is responsible for driving the strategy and operations of the Global Capacity Delivery organization and leading key programs within it.
In this role, you will work closely with the leadership team across all functions within Global Capacity Delivery and with our partner teams (including Finance, People Operations, Engineering, and others) to drive our strategy, planning, and operations processes.
As a Business Operations & Strategic Planning Lead, you’ll work closely with Global Capacity Delivery leadership team on various strategic priorities to help them grow, scale and run the business more effectively.
You will help manage the annual planning cadence which operationalizes our strategy into actionable programs. You will also collaborate cross-functionally to develop and manage resourcing plans, enabling our team to execute and innovate at speed.
You will serve as a critical partner for leaders on ad-hoc projects ranging from business decision support, location strategy, global expansion, and organizational health. You will also serve as program manager for key projects, driving the strategic vision and project execution forward.
- Lead strategic initiatives to solve complex business challenges with multiple levels in the organization.
- Facilitate meaningful debate to develop and refine GCD strategy and approach, documents and artifacts that communicate and translate strategy and vision to compelling strategic initiatives and goals.
- Develop and share clear and persuasive narrative and communications to influence senior stakeholder audiences and the organization at large.
- Use analytical skills to develop quantitative and qualitative insights to formulate robust, actionable recommendations for senior leadership.
- Manage annual strategic/business planning, headcount planning and resource allocation processes in coordination with Finance and functional teams across the organization.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.