Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in the emulation of chip designs.
- Experience with an industry available emulator such as Cadence Palladium, Mentor Veloce, Synopsys EVE or FPGA rapid prototyping platforms.
- Experience in Python or Perl.
About the job
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with and knowledge of chip design flow including simulation and synthesis.
- Experience with and knowledge of design verification languages and methodologies, such as SystemVerilog and UVM/OVM.
- Excellent communicator, team player, and problem solver.
In this role, you will be responsible for the emulation of complex chip designs. This includes defining the methodology and creating the infrastructure needed to quickly take large chips into hardware emulation. You will collaborate closely with design, verification, and software engineers in active projects to run system-level tests, embedded software, and application software.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Plan and execute methodology for building emulation models from RTL, and running tests and software on the emulation of complex chip designs.
- Use the emulator to assist with pre-silicon verification using simulation acceleration, including coverage.
- Work with design and verification teams to define best practices and create scripts and tools to enable simulation acceleration.
- Use the emulator to debug silicon problems and work with the design team to validate changes.
- Architect and implement tools and methodology to maximize utilization and provide prioritization of emulator resources.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.