Applications will be accepted through November 11th, 2021.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience).
- 15 years of professional experience, including experience leading technical organizations.
- Experience leading, scaling, and developing global cross-functional organizations, including experience with organizational design, recruitment and development of a team.
About the job
Advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical fields.
- Experience in Privacy, Policy and/or areas like large scale adversarial machine learning
- Experience executing multiple complex strategic initiatives and day-to-day priorities concurrently.
- Experience with user privacy, security and ethics, operating with a high degree of integrity and ethics.
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to bring disparate perspectives and personalities together to navigate complex and rapidly shifting competitive environments.
As the Director of Engineering for Signals and Human Evaluation in our Ads Privacy and Safety (APaS) team, you will lead the engineering organization responsible for Publisher Quality (PubQuality). The mission of PubQuality is to ensure that Google Ads is delivering the world’s cleanest and most trusted ads ecosystem for billions of Users, millions of advertisers and publishers, all while ensuring best-of-breed privacy. This role provides a unique opportunity to build technology that gives publishers the tools they need to publish Ads in a safe and effective manner, minimizing corporate risk and enhancing the overall customer experience.
- Work in partnership with product management and UX teams to define the strategy and product roadmap for Publisher Quality, a vital part of the Ads organization, allowing room for constant innovation and agility.
- Build high-quality products by leveraging machine learning and other advanced technologies.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for the Ads organization and represent Ads’ interests with leaders across Google as it relates to Privacy and Safety.
- Manage, lead, and grow an organization of engineers, effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams on a large range of technical and business challenges.
- Exemplify Google’s values of Diversity, Inclusion, and respect to build a safe, inclusive, and representative organization that enables us to serve all people around the world.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.