Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing strategic projects, with 2 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role.
About the job
Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
- 3 years of experience building and developing large-scale infrastructure and/or distributed systems.
- 3 years of experience with performance, large scale systems data analysis, visualization tools, and debugging.
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started - and as a manager, you guide the way.
Our team is responsible for generating natural language responses for Google Assistant and other Google clients. Our mission is to turn structured data into high-quality natural language. The Infra team owns infrastructure that generates natural language responses in production for Google Assistant, search and other Google services. The team also builds infrastructure to support the next generation ML-based Natural Language Generation (NLG) system.
- Define and drive NLG infrastructure initiatives for both the template based NLG system in production, and the next generation ML based NLG system.
- Provide technical leadership and management of software engineers to develop and maintain team's infrastructure.
- Bring NLG capabilities to run on mobile devices.
- Work cross-functionally with other engineering, linguist, and Machine Learning teams.
- Write and review code and design docs.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.