Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Kirkland, WA, USA; Austin, TX, USA
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in finance, management consulting, corporate strategy, or a similar environment.
About the job
Strong analytical and financial modeling skills; experience in working with large datasets.
- Experience with SQL to build data pipelines and dashboards
- Knowledge of the technology industry; experience working with marketing
- Ability to effectively communicate, work cross-functionally and influence at sales executive level.
- Ability to self-direct work in an unstructured, fast paced environment, comfortable with ambiguity.
Finance Managers ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Finance Manager, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
The Google Cloud Marketing Finance team enables Cloud Marketing leaders to make sound strategic and financial decisions. We are the finance thought leaders who guide marketing resource planning with analytical insight and Key Performance Indicator measurement.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Cloud Marketing team to plan, forecast, and analyze returns on marketing investments to ensure judicious financial decisions on budget prioritization. We solve complex business problems to reveal opportunities, mitigate risk, and optimize resource allocation. Our impact is fueled by a bias to action, a grounding in hard data, courage in advocacy, and a willingness to put the team before the individual.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Partner with Cloud Marketing leaders and Strategy & Ops leads to drive annual and bi-annual budget planning, grounded in marketing objectives and campaign RoI. Create driver-based long-range plan models to assess the P&L impact of marketing investments.
- Create insightful expense analyses to inform business decisions. Build financial forecasting models for operating expenses incorporating business drivers, risks, and opportunities. Analyze actual vs. forecast variances.
- Develop business review materials and financial reports to surface financial insights and guide resource allocation decisions.
- Analyze effectiveness of marketing programs to drive RoI-based decision making.
- Enhance existing financial reporting dashboards. Contribute to the development and implementation of new systems and tools. Lead finance training to promote budget management best practices.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.