Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in finance, management consulting, corporate strategy, or a similar environment.
About the job
Experience driving commercial strategy, building deal models and assessing financial impact of commercial deals
- Comfort and experience using SQL to extract and manipulate data, and people management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Ability to make sound judgment calls in ambiguous situations
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with impeccable business acumen
- Excellent problem solving, analytical thinking, and teamwork skills
The Buying Platforms (BP) Finance team ensures that Google makes sound financial decisions on its platforms business. We balance the roles of trusted advisor and guardian to reveal opportunity, manage risk, and optimize investment across the Google Marketing Platforms (GMP) business.
We are strategic partners to business leaders across Product and Sales and drive impact through grounding decisions in hard data. We bring an independent point of view and bias to action on a collaborative approach, though never afraid of asking tough questions. Acting as mini-CFO’s and financial consultants, the BP Finance Team is focused on the details while finding creative ways to address big-picture challenges. As a team, we put people first, value different perspectives and focus on our constant development.
As Finance Manager, you will partner with sales, legal, economist, product, engineering and business intelligence teams to drive the best deal outcomes to Google and lead the responses to regulatory inquiries to our display and platforms businesses.
You will lead the support for deals with the platform’s clients/partners, the commercialization financial strategy and the reporting infrastructure to drive better deal outcomes for Google. You will also lead critical discussions on the best approach to regulatory responses about our display ads business.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Lead GMP pricing, deal principles and governance discussions and alignment from a Finance perspective, partnering with Sales, Commercialization and Product leadership
- Partner with Sales and Go-to-market teams in assessing commercial deals within the GMP portfolio, driving consistency and fairness across the portfolio
- Drive strategic projects jointly with cross-functional partners - including but not limited to improving deal data infrastructure to better evaluate negotiation outcomes and portfolio balance
- Understand product market position, competitive landscape and value proposition in evaluating pricing and discounting philosophy for deal approvals
- Provide strategic support for critical responses to regulatory questions about Google’s buy-side ad tech business
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.