Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working in software platform engineering with programming experience.
- Experience with C/C++, Java, Python, Go, or other scripting languages
- Experience explaining technical problems to engineers, business development, and internal/external executives.
About the job
Experience in maps, electric vehicle, and assisted driving, and automotive industry.
- Android OS embedded or application software development experience.
- Experience managing multiple time-sensitive initiatives with minimal guidance and high attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and implement high-impact projects with cross-functional teams with different priorities to reach consensus.
- Ability to work with both Google and Android codebases, understand complex code flows, and submit patches.
Android Auto seeks to enable a safe and seamless connected experience for every driver by thoughtfully integrating their digital worlds into the in-vehicle environment. Android is becoming the automotive platform of choice for in-vehicle infotainment, with automakers across the industry building their future in-vehicle experience on Android.
As a Partner Technology Manager (PTM) on the Android Automotive Partner Engineering team, you'll be at the forefront of the automotive industry, ensuring cars launch with seamless integrations of Google Maps and map-related content.
You will work closely with external partners and internal teams to serve as the representative of the automotive industry and help steer the direction of Google's architecture and codebase while balancing partner implementation details. You'll proactively identify gaps and potential issues, drive solutions, and then scale these solutions to the entire automotive industry.
- Guide automotive partners to integrate Google Maps features and components into their vehicles.
- Architect solutions for partner features within Android Automotive.
- Work directly with partners to triage, debug, and resolve bugs found during implementation.
- Support the Android Automotive Partner Engineering team as a subject matter expert.
- Cultivate robust relationships with Android Automotive partners' engineering teams and understand what they need to be successful.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.