Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years work experience at a company developing supply chains for manufacturing and test.
- Experience working with original design manufacturers, contract manufacturers, and component suppliers for pluggable transceiver modules.
About the job
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a similar technical discipline.
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing and test at a company developing supply chains for transceiver modules
- Experience working with suppliers to drive root cause analysis, corrective actions, and continuous process improvements.
- Experience in high speed RF signal design, photonics and optoelectronics.
- Experience creating and designing a Design Validation Test Plan on a complex electronic assembly.
- Understanding of CMOS devices, fabrication processes, ATE test, DFT, Quality, reliability.
Google's equipment makes up one of the largest computing infrastructures in the world. The manufacturing operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this physical infrastructure.
As a product engineer, you will evaluate product designs and help create the processes, tools, and procedures behind Google Cloud technology. You will collaborate with commodity managers, design engineers, and our manufacturing partners to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead technical engagement efforts with the development team and external partners to ensure transceiver designs are optimized for manufacturability and testability.
- Lead technology assessments to identify capability gaps in the supply chain and mitigate appropriately.
- Work with product quality engineers to establish product quality and reliability targets. Validate product qualification plans, support product qualification testing, and review product qualification test results to ensure product performance meets requirements.
- Coordinate release of launch bills of materials into product data management system. Perform technical review of product changes and assess impact on supply chain and the data center.
- Leverage industry and technology expertise to inform product and supply chain development roadmaps.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.