Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
5 years of experience in market research or consumer insights.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative marketing research projects, including design, programming, fielding, and analysis.
- Experience in telecom and/or tech (e.g., smartphones, smart home).
- Experience with consumer behavior (e.g., behavioral economics, consumer journey mapping, decision making models, etc.).
About the job
Experience programming in Qualtrics, Decipher, or a similar programming platform.
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience bringing a new product to market, from concept development to launch.
- Experience running or working with Promoter Score trackers.
- Ability to distill complex data into a streamlined, cohesive narrative with clear recommendations, and working with agencies for creative storytelling to bring insights to life (i.e., consumer videos, sizzle reels, iconography, etc.).
As a Marketing Insights Manager at Google, you develop and implement research studies that provide foundational learning to inform business/product strategy, product development, as well as insights/measurement to inform and measure GTM (go-to-market) strategy and campaigns. You understand consumers, and have the ability to link insights to strategy and translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications. You are also a thought leader who is curious and passionate about data. You know how to get the best out of vendors/agencies and you manage workload by balancing future logistical and strategic needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving consumer research across the product and marketing development process for smartphones and/or smart home devices and related services, including Pixel phones and Nest devices. You will work closely with cross-functional partners, including Product Managers, Product Marketing Managers, Strategy and Operations teams, and Product Planning to bring your insights to life.
Your insights will drive future product roadmaps, help prioritize products and features, help identify audiences, drive marketing messaging and key promoting propositions, and help improve products once launched. You will use a variety of research techniques to capture insights, including customer segmentation, focus groups, surveys, discrete choice models, metrics tracking, and more. To gather insights, you will conduct your own research and analysis as well as manage research projects being executed by others.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Lead a broad set of research efforts including surveys (design, programming, and analysis of results), analysis of secondary data, and qualitative methods to gain a deep understanding of potential and existing customers.
- Work with stakeholders to define the problem that needs to be solved/supported by insights.
- Drive decisions related to customers, product direction, feature set and prioritization, positioning, value propositions, messaging, category/market expansion, product quality, and market white space opportunities.
- Travel internationally and domestically approximately 20% of the time.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.