Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in cellular test software development, including 1 year of 5G test.
- Experience with test equipment such as power supplies, spectrum analyzers, VNAs, call boxes, non-signaling protocol testers.
- Experience with Python or similar programming language.
About the job
Experience developing web based applications.
- Experience developing test frameworks and tests especially for electronics products.
- Familiarity with common RF test equipment (e.g. spectrum analyzers and communication testers).
- Strong software architecture and development skills.
- Strong technical communication and data analysis skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong hardware and software debug skills.
As an Radio Frequency Hardware Test Engineer within the Nest team, you will be responsible for developing the necessary test infrastructure and driving product improvement via rigorous testing to guarantee we’re shipping the highest quality wireless products.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop high performance tests and infrastructure to improve our wireless subsystems.
- Rigorous design testing throughout product development.
- Troubleshoot test, software, and design issues.
- Data analysis and visualization.
- Quantify and clearly communicate wireless performance to a variety of audiences.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.