Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related technical fields, or equivalent practical experience
About the job
- Experience with static and dynamic analysis of malicious binaries
- Experience with fraud risk management and investigations, Internet advertising, or e-commerce with experience working in a security and/or privacy team on data protection and user trust
- Experience in handling multiple datasets using languages such as SQL and Python
- Ability to understand how the Internet works economically, socially, and technically, as well as knowledge of the desktop and mobile apps ecosystem
- Ability to identify review workflow pain points and implement solutions to optimize or scale processes
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Chrome Extensions Security Analyst, you will analyze applications and extensions that are potentially harmful to users and collaborate with other members of Chrome Product and Engineering, Trust and Safety to prevent abuse while mitigating risk it represents to the ecosystem. The solutions you deploy, both algorithmic and operational, will enable Google to identify and flag abuse more easily, more effectively, and at scale.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Conduct investigations to catch fraudsters, enforce our product policies, learn abuse patterns and establish ground truth
- Reverse engineer potentially harmful extensions to understand their operations and impact on the Chrome ecosystem
- Design solutions that enable automatic identification of malware, spam, and other harmful extensions
- Create technical documentation and training materials on investigations
- Identify security vulnerabilities in automated and manual review pipelines. Enhance operational workflows via process improvements and identifying automation opportunities
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.