Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in data analysis, working with databases, and querying (e.g., SQL, MySQL, MapReduce, Hadoop).
- Experience relaying communications between technical and non-technical teams.
About the job
- Experience in Internet-based risk, abuse, fraud, data protection, or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work cross-functionally.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Senior Analyst on the Trust and Safety team, you will help Google Cloud products and customers stay ahead of scaled abuse and deliver trusted and safe experiences to enterprises.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Perform complex data investigations and analyses to identify API attack vectors, design and implement key counter-measures, identify API abuse trends, and surface system vulnerabilities.
- Enhance our operational workflows via process improvements and identification of automation opportunities.
- Improve tools through data analysis, technical expertise, and presentations to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as Engineering, Product, and Policy to provide feedback for improvements in product design to prevent the classes of attacks from hapenning.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.