Applications will be accepted through October 14, 2021.
Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
- 20 years of professional experience or 18 years with an advanced degree.
- Experience with designing and developing for front-end mobile and web technologies.
- Portfolio or work samples showcasing past work designs.
About the job
Experience working collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Experience contributing to innovative, successful products and UI Platforms.
- Experience in leading large teams and driving organizational design, career development, operations, and culture, both within UX organizations as well as in partnership with Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Ability to be effective in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Fluency in roles, methods, processes, and best practices for user-centered design.
- Outstanding managerial and operational skills, with the ability to simplify complexity.
You are an innovative, expansive thinker, who can provide both inspiration and organizational leadership and lead our design vision, strategy, and implementation of an array of experiences across the Google Assistant portfolio of products. A key area of responsibility is developing our team’s collective talent for delivering high-fidelity, increasingly expressive designs across a growing ecosystem of surfaces and modalities. In this role you will report to the VP of User Experience and partner closely with the heads of Product Management and Engineering for the Assistant. In this role, you are responsible for driving a healthy, inclusive culture, and orchestrating across a broad range of functions and features to produce nonpareil designs, and ensure collaboration, transparency, and clarity between multiple offices, teams, and functions.
You will be an active, diplomatic leader with a vocal point of view, serving as a vanguard for expressive design and new standards defined by their team. You'll also have an uncanny sense for envisioning and driving high-order logistics that help scale the team and function, and promote a high bar for craft and quality across the organization. You will significantly influence the experience for global users. Accordingly, it is critical that you have a prowess for empathetic, inclusive design that accounts for end-to-end user journeys which extend across a manifold of users, geographies, devices, products, and services.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Provide vision and direction for the Google Assistant UX team.
- Drive operational and execution excellence, while leading creative and holistic thinking at scale across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Advocate effectively on behalf of the Google Assistant UX teams and their users, empowering them visibly and behind the scenes
- Foster Google’s culture, values, and principles, while advocating for and upholding new standards for UX design and quality within the organization.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside of the Google Assistant team, to socialize and synthesize experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.