Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: San Diego, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages (C, Java, C++), and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, and/or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
About the job
Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with Andriod mobile technology and development.
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Treble team is tasked with carrying out the engineering design and implementation of this effort, and also with driving cross-team efforts both within and outside of Google.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be comfortable with large codebases and acquire deep knowledge of Android, Linux, mobile systems, system development, optimization, and performance tuning. You will work with ambiguity that is inherent at the start of this vision, and work with others to clarify and drive the vision to successful completion.
- Write and test product or system development code.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content, and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.