Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.Remote location: United States.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
About the job
Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experimentation and prototyping experience for new and emerging Consumer Electronics using C/C++ and OS, ML, UX design etc.
The Google Nest Hardware New Technology Investigations (NTI) team explores, evaluates, and enables technologies for use in Google Nest products. The Google Nest NTI team, as part of the larger Nest technology organization, works to find components or features, prototype systems to demonstrate them, and drive innovation into products.
Our Software team works closely with the Hardware NTI, technology specialist, product, and Research teams to enable demos or bringup of concepts.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $132,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Guide cross-functional prototyping and system integration activities for new technologies.
- Quantify and communicate risk, costs, benefits, and timelines for new technology productization.
- Accelerate targeted technology development to ensure the best of research and development is implemented into products.
- Bring up hardware on various OS's, Embedded Linux, etc.
- Demo-level user interface for hardware use-cases and integration of device interop, machine learning modeling, cloud integration.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.