Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in software development, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 5 years of experience testing, and launching software products, and 3 years of experience with software design and architecture.
- Experience in building and managing internal infrastructure, tools, or distributed systems platforms.
About the job
Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 5 years of experience building and developing large-scale infrastructure, distributed systems or networks, and/or experience with compute technologies, storage, and/or hardware architecture.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects.
- Experience in E-commerce order management or reverse logistics.
- Experience with distributed relational databases.
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google Store is the company's e-commerce site for hardware products and services. The site supports instantaneous up-to-the-second inventory availability, visually compelling product merchandising, worldwide order fulfillment, and comprehensive returns/repairs. The reverse logistics team is directly responsible for the end-to-end customer experience on product returns, repairs, replacements, warranty claims, and customer support.
As a Staff Software Engineer and technical lead, you’ll be responsible for leading product-area level impact projects in this highly complex space.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead the development plan for the Google Store Reverse Logistics team across backend infrastructure for Returns, Replacements, Repairs, and Refunds.
- Support the development of Internal tools used by hundreds of support agents, to help them efficiently resolve customer complaints.
- Support the backend APIs behind self-service portals for customers to get support assistance.
- Model software development best practices, share the team vision, and advocate/implement ongoing improvements to reverse logistics systems.
- Resolve complex cross-departmental technical challenges, and drive cross-functional collaboration; you will reduce complex ambiguous problems into clear solutions.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.