This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in sales, account management, or strategy/business development in a video or media company
- Experience managing partnerships or client relationships
About the job
- Ability to analyze complex business opportunities across multiple product areas
- Ability to negotiate agreements, interpret legal documents, and work with attorneys to complete agreements
- Understanding of the video and entertainment industry, key platforms, and trends (e.g., Free ad-supported streaming TV channel growth, direct-to-consumer and Connected TV/over-the-top distribution)
- Understanding of online advertising ecosystems (e.g., ad serving, ad exchanges, programmatic advertising, etc.)
- Self-motivated and comfortable operating in a rapidly changing and largely undefined space
The Large Partnerships Solutions team works with media, entertainment, and video distributors to implement Google Ad Manager. Our mission is to build sustainable partnerships that deliver economic value to our key partners and Google while protecting our shared ecosystem reputation.
As a Strategic Partner Lead, you will build relationships and resolve agreements, technical, and financial issues with partners in order to best represent our users, products, and programs.
You will anticipate how decisions are made, understand complex business lines, and persistently explore and uncover the business needs of our key partners.
In this role you will apply strategic acumen, industry knowledge, business development skills, and product understanding to expand Google's partner base and business.
- Manage existing ad infrastructure and programmatic ad inventory partnerships with emerging Connected TV (CTV) apps and video partners to foster development of the streaming ecosystem
- Cultivate new relationships to identify strategic partners
- Set the strategic direction for each account, drive growth opportunities, and align internal stakeholders to execute on account priorities
- Build long-lasting relationships with senior executives and operational leads at our Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV (FAST) partners
- Monitor emerging trends in the industry to help shape the strategy of our team
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.