As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Architect, design, build and test data platform solutions to meet and exceed expectations• Apply architectural standards/principles, security standards, usability design standards, as appropriate.
- Design implementation of data platform solutions on Azure – delivering greenfield Data Platform modernizations and Data Integration applications to handle batch and Realtime data feeds
- Developing use cases and solution outlines to support different business scenarios
- Leverage latest Azure related data technology stack for design and build phase of new solutions
- Size and develop / validate physical architecture of data platforms
- Support data governance and metadata management activities
- Design and develop data migration methods
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong background in data architecture, design and development using Azure components
- 5+ years of cloud modernization & migration experience.
- Extensive experience in large scale Azure cloud based application solution and integration with other cloud or on premise products and custom solutions
- Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Life cycle and Data Management.
- Experience in Agile fundamentals and methodology
- Knowledge of all IaaS and PaaS areas within Azure technology stack
- Be an evangelist and provide technical eminence both internally within IBM and able to deliver across different technology stacks with good hands-on-skills of Azure, you support your team and our customers by coaching, teaching and giving advice.
- Deliver innovative solutions, that are tailored to the specifics needs of our customers.
- Further developing your extensive experience with Hybrid Cloud Architectures, Kubernetes and OpenShift you are building next-generation cloud native applications, sophisticated system integrations or ambitious cloud migration projects in a team of brilliant builders.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
'• Experience working with large enterprise clients
- Azure Expert certified
- Specific Industry knowledge (e.g. Banking, Automotive, Retail, Public, etc.)
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.