At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role and Responsibilities :
Empowered. Innovative. Inspiring. Creative. Intense. These are all words we use to describe life at IBM Cloud.
This position, within the Computed organization, is responsible for all project management functions related to new product development and implementation. This role provides a single point of accountability for all aspects of assigned projects. Maintains focus on goals and objectives of assigned initiatives including such factors as scope management, internal/external resources, project schedules, issues tracking, risk management, and project status reporting.
Key ResponsibilitiesDefine project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with management, project sponsors, product owners, architects, and other stakeholders.Effectively communicate expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, continuously manage objectives, and hold project team members accountable for delivery.Lead the project execution and delivery and help project teams maintain an overall project vision with supporting project plans.Refine project execution approach using project management standards and best practices.Identify and manage project dependencies, critical path items, and project risks.Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential roadblocks, and devise contingency plans.Develop and deliver progress reports to management and other stakeholder including issue/action item logs, project status, and risks.Conduct post-project reviews and make recommendations for continuous excellence in project execution and delivery.Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.Develop and advocate best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Required Skills:• Ability to assess and apply the appropriate levels of project practice and engagement to achieve the project objectives being fulfilled by agile and non-agile teams.• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and technical staff.• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills. Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.• Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.• Capability to apply critical thinking to project situations, make judgment calls to establish direction for resolution, oversee the resolution plan, and represent status and impacts to key project stakeholders.• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including executive management, customers, and other departments.• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.• Ability to conceptualize solutions from general information, limited uncertainty, and defined opportunities.• Ability to negotiate contracts, commitments, deliveries, expectations with limited business implications.• Ability to resolve conflict among participants.• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of relevant project management experience in a Technology/IT environment running projects in a complex, multi-site environment with cross functional teams.
- Practical knowledge of both agile and non-agile project methodologies.
- Practical experience working directly with business/IT leadership to set direction and drive project execution.
- Experience managing projects that are software/application development and IT infrastructure related.
- Proficient in all MS Office products.
- JIRA experience is useful.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Two to three years of relevant project management experience in Cloud services.
- Five to eight years of relevant project management experience in a Technology/IT environment running projects in a complex, multi-site environment with cross functional teams.
- IMB PM, PMP or PMI-ACP certification is preferred.
About Business UnitDigitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.