Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Develop repeatable solutions (infrastructure as code) to provision secure cloud environments.
- Turn would-be manual tasks into simple push-button operations
- Build CI/CD pipelines for repeatable and reliable deployments.
- Plan for disaster recovery and capacity growth.
- Implement observability, monitoring and alerting.
- Design and operate large-scale systems deployed to data centers around the world.
- Build and support containerized environments running Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Leverage metrics (SLO, SLI, SLA) to measure and improve operations.
- Build and support fault-tolerant infrastructure; automate backup and recovery procedures.
- Deliver fast, scalable, and fault tolerant services.
- Implement system hardening, vulnerability and patch management.
- Leverage security tooling to identify and remediate threats.
- Participate in a scaled Agile environment, working closely with cross functional teams.
"Todas as vagas são elegíveis para pessoas com deficiência e reabilitados"
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with configuration management tooling such as Chef, Ansible, Terraform, or Saltstack.
- Experience building infrastructure in AWS, IBM Cloud, or other cloud providers.
- A strong desire to automate manual processes.
- Experience operating large systems in a containerized environment.
- Experience with continuous delivery and build tools.
- Proficiency in networking, access control, and data protection.
- Experience managing relational (Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB) datastores.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages such as Python / Ruby / Go
- Mastery of Linux operations and proficiency in scripting primitives (e.g. regexes)
- Experience performance testing and tuning services and applications.
- Motivated, service-oriented with a growth mindset. Problem solver with the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams.
BS Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Relevant experience with progressive responsibilities
DevOps, Sys Admin, Cloud Engineer or similar experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in both JVM and .NET/ASP-based environments is desired.
- Experience with security tooling such as Nessus, QRadar, AWS security tooling.
- CDN (Akamai, Level3) experience is a plus.
- Software development experience building JVM or .NET microservices is highly desired.
- Experience in an agile environment; Scrum experience is a plus.
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.