We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Our newly formed Brand and Marketing team is charged with defining the Instacart brand and making it a household name. We are right- and left-brained - combining creativity with a rigorously analytical approach. We move fast, work nimbly, and are laser-focused on driving measurable business impact.
We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager for Integrated Campaigns within our Brand Strategy & Marketing team to help bring our brand to life. In this role, you'll work closely with Product Marketing, Brand Media, Creative, Research and Marketing Analytics to craft and execute joint programs that grow Instacart's brand. You'll be responsible for working cross-functionally to lead integrated brand campaigns, overseeing timelines and execution, and establishing measurement to ensure programs are successful.
This role balances creative, analytical, and strategic thinking, conducting rigorous analysis and drawing on market research to understand customer behavior, and using that information to develop marketing strategies that raise brand awareness, drive customer growth, and improve Instacart's brand positioning.
To be successful at Instacart, you need to move fast, iterate and always be adding value. The successful candidate will be tenacious, open, imaginative, precise, analytically inclined, and curious.
This role is eligible for remote work or can be located in our San Francisco or New York office.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Oversee culturally resonant and breakthrough brand campaigns, with a focus on driving awareness, adoption, and favorability among consumers, as well as improving CAC and accelerating growth in monthly active users.
- Partner with cross-functional leads to develop integrated brand marketing plans for key cultural moments throughout the year
- Partner closely with internal teams and creative agencies to produce game-changing creative work leveraging traditional and emerging channels
- Partner with Brand Research and Marketing Analytics to measure campaign results with a high degree of analytical rigor. Develop and implement a test-and-learn approach to systematically establish best practices for our brand campaigns. Present campaign results to leadership at regular junctures.
- Work with Performance Marketing, Product Marketing and Product teams to develop a full-funnel approach to campaign development across the end-to-end user journey
- Manage relationships across Product Marketing, Product, Co-Marketing and Business Development teams to identify integration opportunities in Retailer and CPG campaigns
- 7+ years experience in brand strategy, marketing and planning at high growth consumer brands. Gig economy / Marketplace roles a plus.
- You have deployed or overseen large integrated brand campaigns that have driven impact on company-level metrics
- Experience capturing powerful human insights from market research and behavioral data to guide positioning and messaging recommendations. An uncanny ability to unearth business, consumer, culture, market and brand insights from data. Ability to turn findings into executable, strategic plans.
- Your creative thinking starts with the customer and works backwards.
- You are a talented storyteller, and with a proven track record for creating compelling brand architecture (purpose, promise, pillars, voice) that fosters and reinforces customers' deep emotional connection to the brand. Can balance vision, creativity, and business outcomes.
- You understand brand and performance marketing concepts and can articulate them to a broad set of audiences
- You are an articulate, thoughtful, and persuasive communicator, and a strong advocate for our brand across both inside and outside the company. You have strong experiences interfacing with senior leaders across the org chart and are able to communicate complex ideas into simple yet exciting terms.
- You have hands-on experience managing large scale initiatives with tight deadlines
- You excel at managing initiatives across multiple stakeholders and can identify solutions that balance the needs of each
- You can easily shift from thinking big to rolling up your sleeves and executing smaller tasks.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to manage through ambiguous situations
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Above all, you're a team player and love making an impact each day