We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is crucial, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It provides a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get good food and give them back time, so they can do what matters most to them. We're finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Instacart maintains the largest catalog of grocery products in the country. By working with hundreds of retail & CPG partners, the team maintains accurate pricing, availability & factual information for millions of products on shelves across the U.S & Canada.
- In addition, Catalog is essential to helping customers discover new products. For example, a typical grocery store might have a couple hundred varieties of ice cream. Catalog provides the essential information for the customer to find the perfect flavor, if it's lactose-free or if it's sold as an ice cream bar or in a pint.
- As a Product Manager on the Catalog team, you will develop long team development & business technology strategies & will lead a cross-functional team to continuously improve Instacart's catalog of products as well as the tools & infrastructure used to increase the quality of the catalog.
- You will do so by working with our Engineering, Data Science, Catalog Analysts & Data Analyst teams to develop, prioritize, & execute roadmaps, strategic plans, & individual projects/features in the relevant product area.
- You will own projects from inception to conclusion, formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, coordinate the delivery of high-quality solutions, & drive adoption.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 7+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience leading teams working on online catalogs, warehousing or inventory related products for an e-commerce company is a plus.
- Experience with gathering, & standardizing data needed for e-commerce catalog development through both algorithmic means & scaled semi-manual techniques such as crowdsourcing, image processing, & optical character recognition (OCR) is a plus.
- Superior data & analytical skills including the ability to define & decompose relevant metrics & to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Appreciation & understanding of consumer psychology & its impact on new product adoption
- Deep intuition & strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Ability to develop strong roadmaps & strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function & at every level
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.