At Lyft, our mission is to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app and great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why we've reimagined our Driver Services to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. As a member of our Mobile Vehicle Service team, you will be providing high quality, affordable maintenance and repair at a location convenient to our Lyft drivers. You will be providing services at locations ranging from our driver's homes, to our new Driver Service Centers and Lyft Hubs.
As a Mobile Service Technician reporting into the Team Lead, you will be an active participant in defining the types of services we provide and work closely with the team to constantly innovate and improve our operating procedure while piloting new services.
- Be part of an exciting new team testing out new capabilities and services in the mobility space
- Operate and drive a mobile service vehicle to perform car service and maintenance procedures at the customer's location
- Diagnose and repair Lyft rental program vehicles at Driver Centers or Hub to ensure customers can drive away feeling safe and at ease, using our mobile repair units
- Follow and promote our high standards of safety, cleanliness, and organization
- Support the implementation of our standard processes and an end-to-end mobile service workflow within our technician team
- Support training new hires and taking own additional responsibilities for program and parts upkeep
- Be an ambassador for the company by delighting our customers and performing the job right the first time
- Achieve ongoing technical and process training and certification
- 3+ years in automotive service with different vehicle makes and models
- Strong background in automotive service including technical repair, diagnostic and service (ASEs or OEM training program preferred)
- Has pride in craftsmanship and understands both what quality is and how to do quality work (do the job exactly right the first time)
- Great customer experience and service affinity
- Strong verbal and oral communications
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver's license
- Have and maintain a satisfactory driving record and be insurable under Lyft's policy
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Capable of standing, walking, and completing physical activity daily
- Willing to work in the outdoors and in inclement weather
- Flexibility with your schedule and willingness to work weekend shifts if required
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program