Global business-to-business (B2B) payment market is in the range of USD 120 trillion. Most of it happens on non-card rails, representing tremendous growth opportunity for Mastercard’s Commercial Products and Solutions focused on B2B ecosystem both for cards and account to account services.
As the Director, Product Management B2B Products for Latin America and the Caribbean. you will become a Subject Matter Expert and driver on new growth for the segment in the region and work closely with our Global product team and market account and product teams. In addition, you will be responsible for defining and leading the product strategies and its execution across all markets within the division for all Commercial Products. To accomplish your Market Share and Net Revenue growth objectives you will become a Commercial Products Thought Leader, understand customers’ needs, how our solutions create value and leverage the Mastercard market teams to deliver with excellence. This role is heavily involved in defining the overall business strategy, product roadmap including product enhancement, support, testing and release.
You will report to the LAC Commercial Products VP and partner with the Regional and Market Product Leads to achieve objectives that contribute with the region and markets objectives and priorities. Your relationship and effectiveness working with market and sales teams will be crucial for successful strategy execution.
- Responsible for defining the go to market strategies of Commercial Products for the LAC region. The focus is on three main commercial segments:
Business to Business Solutions B2B with a heavy focus on developing the B2B acceptance ecosystem both for card and account to account services
Define direct to corporate sales strategy
Develop strategy for new distribution partners
- Ensure the existence and balance of the b2b ecosystem (Acquiring, Supplier acceptance, B2B journey enablement)
- Seeks and oversees alliances with fintechs/new players to complement travel and business capabilities of the parties
- Responsible for ensuring market economy (exchange rate, B2B commercial discount rates)
- Responsible for the Divisional financial performance of Commercial Products, achieving main P&L’s drivers target and closely participating on the main drivers forecast process.
- Prepares market teams to present new products or bundles to the Divisional Peer Review Committee
- Presents pricing proposals to the Regional Pricing Committee and Product Development Initiatives to the LAC Peer Review Committee
- Partners with the Global Product Leaders to develop strategies aligned with Country Managers’ priorities and leverages local teams for strategy refinement and execution leadership
- Leverages In-Market expertise to lead In-Market product strategy, product roadmaps and priorities and cross-product integration
- Partners closely with Customer Delivery and Marketing to define and drive execution of go-to-market strategies
- Leads product development initiatives leveraging both the Value Proposition Canvass and the Business Model Canvass frameworks
- Selects and monitors a product's key performance metrics and drives performance improvement initiatives
- Advises and supports markets by recommending and influencing In-Market product pricing strategies
- Oversees the development of training and other product support materials for the division.
- Leads cross-functional process with Franchise Development to support creation of new rules and standards supporting Commercial Products business growth within the division
- Partners with Market Development teams to prepare and present proposal to strategic customers
- Responsible for supporting the sales organization on preparing sound and integral value propositions for customer facing meetings
- Supports projects, customer, merchant and technology partner implementations; ensure timely response to issues and queries, and liaise with internal Mastercard teams to deliver quality projects and implementations
- Leads the Division’s thought leadership for all Commercial Segments and Solutions
- Responsible for ensuring product readiness and market readiness before launching any new solution
- Partners with Advisors to identify and support implementation portfolio optimization initiatives
- Identifies and submits business cases for consideration and prioritization for new business, product opportunities and business models to improve MasterCard's footprint and competitiveness at an In-Market level
- Supports sales teams on building robust business models, value propositions and on validating key value drivers’ assumptions are consistent with the business opportunity to be presented at the Deals’ Committee
- Responsible of ensuring Product Management Excellence principles are at the center of every value proposition presented to customers. Acts as an expert, advocate and champion on the gating methodology “Studio”
All About You
- Extensive experience executing product adjustments across payment types, technologies and customer industries
- Experience translating strategies into product launches and implementation plans in multiple market
- Deep technical and strategic understanding of Products’ P&Ls of financial services
- Extensive experience with B2B payments & fintech a strong plus
- Understanding of supply chain finance and B2B pain points
- Sales experience a strong plus
- Lead multiple complex cross-functional projects with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated success building relationships and delivering results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with external stakeholders at the local level
- Developed understanding of global best practices, both in own function and in the broader organization, through experience working in a matrixed or global organization
- Team management experience, including people management and development
- Strong business & planning acumen and ability to engage with and navigate local and global teams
- Strong sense of urgency and organizational skills
- Strong business relationship skills – influencing, negotiating, building mutually beneficial programs – for the purpose of delivering marketing value and business growth to Mastercard
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed; ability to think independently
- Executive acumen, detail-oriented, organized, highly motivated, focused on results
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.