The Mastercard Payment Gateway Service, Solutions Architecture & Engineering (SA&E) team is looking for Principal Product Manager-Technical (PM-T) to drive the delivery of payment gateway solutions in a fast-paced Scaled Agile environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about both understanding the customer & the business requirements, and working with technology teams to deliver aligned business solutions.
- Act as the Product Manager - Technical across several Agile development teams, working closely with internal Product Managers to understand, formulate and document business requirements; investigating and analysing system functionality; and representing these back to the SA&E team and Agile development teams. * Please note this is not a client-facing role.
- Using the Working Backwards method, analyse business requirements and customer experiences as part of detailed solution development, into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Agile development team(s) and Solution Architects to understand the impact on gateway systems and agree the optimal functional solution for new product features.
- Managing small/medium-sized projects/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within Business Analysis, while sometimes leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative for the program.
- Produce internal & external-facing supporting documentation and specifications using standard templates and natural language.
- Act as an SME or central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system product and functionality decision making process to other PM-Ts and the broader program.
- Take an active role in the SAFe PI Planning process, preparing features for the planning event and working through these features with the teams to plan their delivery.
All about you
The ideal candidate for this position should:
- Demonstrate the ability to complete technical systems analysis and solutioning.
- Solid business analysis skills and knowledge are essential, i.e. the ability to take high level requirements and drill these down into detailed functional requirements under your own initiative
- Demonstrate the ability to collaboratively design solutions that both enhance the product offering, and work within the design principles.
- Comfortable working at a detailed level with interface specifications & doing related data mappings to and from APIs.
- Strong documentation, communication, and collaboration skills, with the ability to lead and guide other’s understanding of technical solutions and functionality (not just the ‘what’ but the ‘why’).
- Ability to lead collaboration across development and business stakeholders and peers.
- Able to communicate effectively with both business & technical audiences.
- Payments experience is a plus but not essential.
- Empowerment and accountability, demonstrating independent thinking and a collaboration mindset
- Committed to deliver on time and to quality and lead others to do the same.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.