Join us as we take Microsoft Teams, our fast-growing collaboration product to the next level.
We are looking for an accomplished, motivated Senior Program Manager to help us define and deliver new ways to connect people, improve communication, and facilitate collaboration across a wide range of customer segments and business verticals.
This position is responsible for Teams client releases and will contribute to the creation and evolution of frameworks to support them. It offers the opportunity to partner with other groups within Teams to develop a deep understanding of their areas from both a functional, as well as deployment and operational perspective. You will be responsible understanding release requirements, generalizing these requirements, defining infrastructure and processes to support them. You will define common solution patterns and drive their adoption across the organization. The role is a mix of project management, business analysis, product thinking, technical depth, operational excellence, and cross team collaboration. It’s a high value role that is both creative and technical with the opportunity to redefine how people work and collaborate.
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We’re in a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate, and deliver value to customers. Our culture is open, respectful, and empowering. There are ample opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback. Our colleagues are among the best in the industry and have worked on some of the most successful products in the world. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them. We’re also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product.
- Define or evolve existing frameworks for project planning, execution and release activities
- Track and report on the completion of project deliverables
- Drive regular project tactics and/or client release ship room meetings and ensure milestone success and release criteria is defined and adhered to, issues, action items and risks are tracked and have mitigation and resolution plans in place
- Provide project status updates to stakeholders
- Work closely with other Release Managers to align release activities across the portfolio
- Build and maintain project / release health dashboards and provide awareness with respect to project health metrics
- Facilitate the definition and drive the completion of Release Criteria for major milestones
- Help bridge the gap across project stakeholders and dependencies
- Contribute to, identify, and manage improvements in how we work in Teams (planning and release tools, processes, policies)
BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience acting as an information technology or software Program, Project or Release Manager.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.