The Identity and Network Access organization, a part of Microsoft’s Cloud and Artificial Intelligence (C+AI) Division, is building, deploying and running the Azure Active Directory suite of Cloud and Enterprise Mobility Services to enable a set of durable and secure identity provider capabilities for Microsoft’s Customers and Partners. As companies embark on their digital transformations, they rely on Microsoft’s identity cloud services to give them secure, convenient, manageable, digital relationships with employees, customers, and business partners. Tens of thousands of organizations and more than 1 billion end users connect using Microsoft identity services to over 1 million applications each month. It is our job to ensure that Microsoft’s internal platform are scalable, reliable and efficient to manage these cloud services at scale and to keep innovating in a rapidly changing digital landscape
We are the Engineering Efficiency and Product Lifecycle Team within the Identity Product Management team and our mission is to enable world class engineering & customer lifecycle to drive customer & employee love through iterative deployment, data driven design & a culture of continuous improvement
To be successful as a Program Manager, you will show passion for driving data-driven decisions through business data and analytics necessary to deliver programs necessary for running large services and solutions. You will have experience delivering and coordinating large enterprise programs and projects that span the bread of the organization using software engineering best practices such as project planning, functional design, resource budgeting, issue/risk management, and cross-division coordination. You will be familiar and have experience working on projects that improve DevOps including a concentrated focus on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes, tools, and systems. As such, you will be knowledgeable of concepts including trunk-based development, comprehensive test automation, shifting left on security, and the use of version control. The team’s focus is high efficiency and cultivating a culture of continuous improvement and delivery of a trusted experience to our customers and partners worldwide.
- Excellence in strategic thinking, leadership, communication, interpersonal skills and be able to influence without authority.
- Ability to drive solution definition, plan a staged solution development and deployment.
- Manage multiple stakeholder engagements.
- Ability to build good frameworks and models for prioritization, planning and execution.
- Proven ability to manage large projects, collaborate across teams and across levels of management.
- Customer/partner scenario focused solution design & development
- Deep passion for satisfying customer needs and achieving high user and business partner satisfaction though a detailed understanding of user scenarios.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all organization levels and both internal and external to the organization.
- Proven experience with the Software and Service Delivery Life cycle with focus on DevOps, design, delivery, and End-To-End Operate and User Scenarios.
- 6+ years of related program management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences is preferred
- Strong Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
- Proven track record of shipping secure, high-quality software through all phases of the lifecycle
- Deep capability/feature functional design experience
- Proven experience on delivering programs/projects with diverse engineering / division / geographies
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems.
- Experience with n-tier architecture and large scale webservices
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.