Love thinking about how to apply the latest marketing and sales technologies to drive marketing results and revenue? Do you have the ability to roll up your sleeves and get down into the details? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can help blaze a trail and make an impact? Want to help lead the marketing transformation at Microsoft?
The Cloud Marketing Global Demand Center team is looking for a highly talented Marketing Operations Business Program Manager (BPM) to help drive its marketing operations and reporting efforts across its portfolio of cloud products.
In this role, you’ll be the execution “glue” for an ace team of marketing professionals with a variety of skills (Marketing Technologists, Platform Specialists, Data Analysts, Field Operations specialists and others) to drive buyers to make the right choice for Microsoft. You’ll have the unique opportunity to be a thought leader at the intersection of marketing and technology to help take the Marketing Operations business to new heights of innovation and results.
Being a modern marketing technology leader! Understanding marketing technology opportunities and guiding the team to the implementation approaches to best suit ultimate business goals – meeting the buyer/customer where they are in their journey, no matter what property they are on (web, email, mobile, paid media, in-product).
- Partnering deeply with other marketers to develop and understand the vision, define clear and measurable goals, and make key decisions regarding how to implement.
- Driving the marketing automation campaign, onboarding, and operations lifecycle from campaign concept through global launch and continuous optimization of customer experiences.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously in a very fast-paced, high-volume environment, with the ability to quickly assess, triage, adjust and tackle
- Running a virtual team with other marketing professionals (campaign managers, content creators, designers, marketing automation specialists, email builders, web, demand generation, analytics, and others) aligned to one or more campaigns in the portfolio to build, launch, measure, and optimize marketing to drive business results.
- Translating business context and needs into technical and operational requirement
- Driving continuous process improvement and execution with an eye toward driving efficiency, scale, and quality
- Helping to ramp up, train, and mentor other business program managers within the team and across the company.
- 6+ years of demonstrated success at complex program management, with experience in marketing/business or managing marketing campaign operations
- A passion for the customer, customer experience and driving business results
- A consummate team player with excellent people/partnership skills and an ability to lead from behind is a must
- Prior experience is implementing optimizing processes using data related insights
- Experience in Agile development methodologies (e.g., SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
- Familiarity with experimentation design, statistics and marketing/customer data
- Preferably, experience or familiarity working with creative agencies, brand teams and/or localization vendors
- Preferably, a high-level understanding of marketing communication strategy and marketing technology/content management platforms in the context of modern marketing
- Preferably, a high-level understanding of data management and analytics, including segmentation, campaign experimentation, modeling and statistics in the context of modern marketing
- Preferably, hands on experience or exposure to using basic data and analytic tools- SQL, BI Tools, Power BI, Excel, etc.
- Preferably an understanding of Microsoft 365 and/or Cloud + AI products and services is helpful
- MBA or equivalent is helpful, but not required
*Applicants residing in Bellevue, WA Metro & Atlanta, GA Metro are preferred.*
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.