Job Description: Member Technical Staff, Development
Oracle Cloud is a strategic growth area for Oracle. It is a comprehensive cloud services offering in the enterprise software industry, spanning Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS).
Oracle PaaS is a key part of Oracleâ€™s Cloud strategy and our suite of PaaS services are responsible for helping our customer ecosystem of product and solution developers, data scientists, analysts and business owners across Line of Business and IT organizations to build data driven applications for their respective application verticals.Our Team
Oracle Data Catalog is a new Cloud Platform for harvesting, organizing, standardizing and reporting on metadata obtained from data sources on cloud and on premise.
As part of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), Oracle Data Catalog provides a large-scale, distributed platform for discovering, organizing, enriching and tracing data assets on Oracle cloud and beyond. It is a critical cloud service at the core of the Oracle data management platform, which covers Data Lake, Data Warehousing, Data Science, etc. Customers can use Data Catalog capabilities to efficiently exploit and govern the data:
- Discover (harvest) information on data assets from sources such as Object Stores, Databases, Big Data stores, PaaS, SaaS etc.
- Organize data assets both based on native system hierarchies as well as business taxonomies and provide semantic alignment across Oracle Cloud
- Enrich the understanding of available data by using AI/ML to tag and classify data entities according to business terms and glossaries, as well as by capturing additional knowledge
- Find relevant data assets for usage in a variety of different services through multi-faceted search
- Trace the origins of data (lineage), provide audits as part of the governance initiatives
- Serve as a data dictionary for Big Data SQL execution engines, such as Spark SQL.
We are looking for strong technical engineers to take on the challenge of engineering a cloud solution for security, scale and performance while providing strong guarantees of availability to our customers. You will be responsible for applying your knowledge on strong coding and design principles to deliver highly performant and maintainable full stack Java service on the cloud.Your Responsibilities
As an integral part of the OCI development team you will be responsible for the following â€“
- Help drive the next generation Data Catalog Cloud service
- Build systems to address hard operational problems such as automation, provisioning/deployment, scaling, availability, and resiliency - while enabling our service developers to remain agile and deliver feature changes.
- Value simplicity and usability and work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Working with engineering leadership, product management and architects to deliver functionality with high quality.
- Working with remote and geographically distributed teams.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields.
- 2-4 years of experience building enterprise software.
- Excellent coding and design skills in Java and related technologies
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms and excellent problem solving skills
- Experience building microservices and RESTful services and deep understanding of building cloud based services (MT architecture, Auto scaling, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Prior experience building cloud services would be and added advantage
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.