Senior Principal Technical Program Manager, OCI Virtual Networking
Are you someone with a passion for taking on big challenges? Are you interested in large-scale and fast-growing cloud services? Do you love to own and drive highly visible, critical programs? If so, then Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is for you.
The Senior Principal TPM will be responsible for managing complex, cross-organizational programs that impact both product and business for OCI. The candidate in this role will act as a â€˜Chief of Staff (COS)â€™ for the Virtual Networking (VN) Edge organization. This is both an operational and strategic role with the primary goal of helping the organization to become more productive and successful. The COS is expected to apply authority and judgement to drive larger organizational wide initiatives independently. The COS expected to build effective relationships and trust with leaders across the Networking organization to successfully drive cross-cutting initiatives. The candidate should lead with self- awareness, discretion, laser focus on delivering results, curiosity, and a growth mindset.
The COS acts as proxy for the VN Vice President (VP) helping to drive strategic initiatives for the VN organization, ranging from one-week quick projects to multi-year engagements. Some key responsibilities are:
- Engage with various internal and external teams to understand, vet and scope new projects that span across multiple organizations
- Learn new domain areas quickly to dive-in and lead new strategic initiatives
- Engage with the right stakeholders, drive awareness with weekly updates, staff updates, and clear status with next steps
- Prescreen documents to ensure they are properly socialized and are ready for executive level decision making
- Work with leadership to establish annual roadmaps which can be used to drive resource planning and alignment of priorities across VN
- Ensure roadmaps are converted into executable operational plans, which are validated at least quarterly, with specific projects and goals
- Work with the product leaders to drive on-time completion of goals through weekly, monthly and quarterly review meetings.
- Create and manage customer experience programs to collect feedback and input from high-touch customers to improve the overall the product strategy
- 8+ years leading complex technical / engineering programs
- 8+ years relevant work experience in program and project management
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Experience with cloud services, networking, or SaaS products
- Experience in strategic planning, execution, building relationships and working with executives at all levels.
- Self-driven problem solver; able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic, ambiguous, and customer-focused environment
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
- Strong knowledge and experience working with engineering, field teams, and customers at a senior level.
- Good at delivering things under pressure, with a strong ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty, while driving clarity.
- Ability to translate ideas into clear, high impact communications (e.g. emails, papers)
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment and drive closure on issues and results; good project management skills.
At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCIâ€™s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where youâ€™ll belong and be encouraged.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Ten or more years of project management, product design or related experience needed.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 123731 in the subject line of the email.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.