Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems. Global Product Support (GPS) provides technical assistance for all Oracle products including Cloud and On-Premise, ensuring maximum availability of Oracle customerâ€™s systems and helping them to benefit from running the latest Oracle technology and applications. Additionally, GPS works closely with our Development organisation on ensuring absolute product quality and provides high quality content for the online knowledge databases.
We are looking for experienced Software Engineer to join our Middleware Support group.
- Good team player
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong customer support and client relation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Anywhere between 5 and 8 years
- Primary: WebCenter Sites (WCS) 12c / 11g
- WCS Administration: Installation, Upgrade, Caching and Publishing.
- Hands on knowledge on â€˜Developing Templates & CSElementsâ€™, Sites Explorer, Content Server Developer Tools ( CSDT), Eclipse & REST API.
- Experience of Oracle Content Management (OCM) would be an added advantage
Servers and Tools:
- Java, J2EE, XML, JSP
- Linux Administration
- Database: Oracle 11g/12c , Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012
- App Server: Weblogic Server 12c/11g, Tomcat 6.0/7.0
- Web Server: Oracle HTTP Server 11g/12c (OHS), Apache 2.4.x
- OS: Oracle Linux, Red Hat Linux, Windows
- Knowledge of LDAP and Access management products such as OpenLDAP, Oracle Access Manager, Active Directory, Oracle Internet Directory.
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.