The Oracle Commerce Product Support team provides high quality customer support to companies around the globe using
our e-commerce solutions. Oracle provides excellent career opportunities through employee development and hands-on
experience supporting Oracle customers worldwide.
- Primary job responsibility is to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in Oracle Commerce products (Commerce Cloud + Commerce On Prem + Guided Search). Strong technical background in core technologies (see below).
- Strong customer focus; able to interact directly and frequently with global customers on the phone and through written
- Process oriented; ability to learn internal support processes, and evaluate and provide feedback on them to
- Good software troubleshooting skills. Ability to work independently. Manage high severity, escalated, complex, mission
critical customer issues within contractual guidelines. Ability to multi-task in stressful, deadline-driven situations.
- Work in Shifts. Occasional 24x7 weekend
Engage with Development, Product Management, Service Delivery, Critical
Accounts, and Customer Support teams for other Oracle products to resolve customer issues and problems using the
- Manage cross-functional issues (collaborations, product defects, etc.) while remaining accountable for customer
expectations. Proactively identify customer needs and engage internal resources to ensure customer success. Create
presentations on technical topics for peers. Create and edit technical documents for peers and customers (My Oracle
Support Knowledge Articles).
- Oracle Guided Search and/or Oracle Commerce. General e-Commerce concepts including
personalization, shopping carts, customer service, content creation and management. General search concepts including
guided search, search interfaces, relevancy ranking.
- Strong programming background including direct experience in Java, C# or C++, J2EE applications (Java EE concepts
- Good understanding of enterprise software production systems (including high availability architecture).
- Working knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and JDBC. Understanding of TCP/IP networking and general client/
server concepts. Install, configure, and maintain Oracle WebLogic Server or other web application server.
- General knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems at the admin/install/troubleshooting level.
- Communication: Excellent communication (written and oral) skills; describe complex technical ideas and concepts
effectively; synthesize concepts and present step-by-step instructions to customers; provide general advice when specific
steps are not available or applicable.
- Influencing & Negotiating: discuss and arrive at a mutually acceptable solution; convince others to take appropriate
- Customer Focus: Focus on satisfying the technical and business needs of Customers; understand the impact of
customers' technical and business requirements.
- Quality: Adhere to internal processes and tools to meet Service Level Agreements; generate new ideas for continuous
- Working Globally: Adhere to global work processes, including occasional24x7 weekend shifts; collaborate and
communicate with customers and team members from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Problem Solving: analyze causes, identify alternatives, and recommend the best solution to customers; synthesize
complex sets of documentation and knowledge-articles; read and interpret log files and source code; reproduce issues inhouse
and accurately report defects to product development
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
1. e-Commerce experience
3. Technical support experience / Computer Science background
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.