Who We Are:
The Oracle State & Local Global Business Unit (SLGBU) is a brand-new organization that is in the process of designing & developing a suite of SaaS applications for the state & local government markets using cutting edge technologies. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives.
We are building innovative SaaS services that will transform the Public Safety industry and have the potential to save lives! We look at quality as a feature of our SaaS Suite. Are you an engineer with the passion and skills to design and build quality into cloud native software from the start? Come join us on this critical mission!
Who You Are:
As a quality assurance engineer within the Public Safety SaaS team, you will work as a member of our cross-discipline service development team. You will work in concert with your development team members to build services that are designed with quality as a critical feature. You will promote and help develop automated tests and tools that ensure we understand and can measure the quality of our services at all times.
To be successful as a Quality Assurance Engineer, you should be exceptionally accurate and possess a superior mathematical aptitude. Ultimately, a top-notch Quality Assurance Engineer will be proficient in programming languages and have excellent time management skills. You will push the boundaries on testing not only in test environments but also implement strategies for how we verify and understand quality directly in production environments.
- Design, write, and deploy automated test suites in a containerized distributed SaaS Suite
- Define, build and measure key quality indicators and metrics through the full SDLC
- Measure quality from the perspective of the users of the SaaS Suite
- Work as a member of the development team and share full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology area. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services.
- Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide the service development teams to engineer quality into the product.
- Design and implement code changes to improve quality into the product.
- Bachelorâ€™s or Masterâ€™s degree in Computer Science or equivalent related field experience
- Experience with Java, Python, or similar programming and scripting languages
- Experience automating testing of fault tolerant, highly available, high throughput, distributed, scalable systems
- Experience test automation tools like Cucumber, Selenium or equivalent
- Experience with code coverage technologies
- Experience with mocking/stubbing technologies
- Aptitude to be a good team player and the desire to learn and implement new Cloud technologies as needed
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in two or more of the following
- Software development
- Test automation
- Developing and operating large scale distributed services
- Building and testing systems with real-time communication patterns and data flows
- System Administration including Linux internals, TCP/IP, DNS, Load balancing technologies
- Container administration and development utilizing Kubernetes and Docker
- Infrastructure automation through Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet or similar
- Experience with TCP/IP and socket programming
- Knowledge of cloud compute technologies, network monitoring, data processing and analytics
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines including VCS (git)
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 122427 in the subject line of the email.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.