Who we are: At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary: Unix Administrator to support Day to day Operation support for 1500+ Linux and Unix servers in SRCE Corp Infrastructure Services team.
- Manage and react to any alerts for monitored systems
- Build and manage RHEL, Ubuntu and Solaris servers
- Work with business units and other teams to diagnose complex issues and drive to resolution
- Help with development and build out of tools and automation projects
- Perform System Administration tasks
- Work with Vendors and assist in Hardware repair/replacements
- 5+ years of Experience in building, managing and configuring and RHEL, Suse, Ubuntu Linux and Solaris System
- Experience in Virtualization (VMware/Openstack).
- Experienced with Kickstart for Linux distro and Jumpstart for Solaris.
- Experienced on troubleshooting server system issues and driving for solution.
- Experienced with patching and maintaining Linux and Unix systems
- 2 years of experience with scripting in one at least one of the following: Python, Perl, or Shell .
- Experience with server side lun allocation.
- Familiar with one of the Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, etc).
- Familiar with change control software such as RCS.
- Experience with Solaris containers and Solaris LDOMs.
- Experience with Veritas Cluster server management
- Experience with different Volume managers such as ZFS, VXVM, LVM.
- Familiar with Oracle LDAP or OpenLDAP.
- Familiar with Infoblox or worked with BIND DNS server.
- Experienced on evaluating new system vulnerabilities, measuring impact, and implementing resolution.
- Prep change cases and join meetings to discuss change for approvals.
- Great team player with documentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Participate in 24x7 On-call rotational support.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.