To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
At Salesforce, we make the tools that help people work more effectively and efficiently. Design and User Experience is at the center of all of it. We bring powerful visions to life with the latest technologies and the Salesforce platform. We put customers first and we're looking for ambitious, self-motivated, creative-minded individuals who want to help shape our digital experience platform that allows businesses of all sizes and industries to create unique and engaging experiences for their customers across multiple touchpoints.
You and your team will distill complex problems and propose clear, efficient, consistent solutions. You're meticulous and excited about beautiful design, and you love seeing products ship. You're hungry for new ways to do things, both in design work and in how the team works.
The ideal candidate is a tireless advocate for the end user, while also extending empathy to cross-functional partners. You build trusted relationships, work to understand the business, and bring that knowledge back to your team, driving win-win design solutions that provide the best experiences for users.
This role is for Service Cloud, the customer service solution that powers hundreds of thousands of jobs around the world. Our core product family is a radical mix of legacy systems that our users love, experimental offerings that our customers are asking for, and exciting new technologies like Slack. You’ll interface with senior leadership across multiple parts of the company to develop vision, while making sure that the team stays grounded in work that has the biggest impact.
- Manage and develop a team of talented designers
- Recruit, nurture and retain best-in-class talent
- Influence and compellingly communicate the vision to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Build strong partnerships across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Solve complex UX design problems across multiple channels
- Collaborate closely with product owners/managers (POs & PMs) to find opportunities for new products/features and validate assumptions through user testing and research
- Work with engineering to deliver final product
- Reinforce a design-thinking culture that leverages the best product, technology and innovative talent
- Own various application interfaces
- Work with devs and QE to deliver polished final product
- Evangelize SLDS interface guidelines and design patterns.
Experience / Skills Preferred:
- Managed an entire product lifecycle from concept to release
- 7-10+ years of experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams from start to finish
- 3+ years of management experience
- A strong passion for managing and mentoring designers
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices - and you’re always looking to improve on your process
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Power to influence others and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product
- Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- A deep appreciation and talent for simple solutions to complex problems
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
- BA/BS or MA/MS in design related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in design systems
- Experience with CRM or enterprise software
- Experience in design consulting
Please submit your resume and URLs to your portfolio. Submissions without a portfolio or samples of work will not be considered.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.