To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Finance and Operations
As a Manager, Revenue Accounting in the Corporate Accounting group, you will have a central role in leading the revenue accounting team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Salesforce is looking for candidates with experience leading people, implementing process/system improvements, ensuring SOX compliance, and preparing schedules to support monthly/quarterly reviews, quarterly audit and the 10Q & 10K reporting process.
Exceptional candidates will be critical thinkers who can manage the Revenue close process, analyze the revenue accounting data, effectively present findings and business insight to Senior Management and welcome special projects to streamline Salesforce processes.
- Lead the month-end revenue close by validating accruals, reviewing account reconciliations, journal entries, reserve models, and conducting fluctuation analyses
- Ensure compliance with GAAP standards, SOX controls and documentation, including understanding of ASC 606
- Work directly with our internal and external audit team to support the audit, by providing supporting audit schedules, evidence, and process overview
- Stabilization and ongoing improvement to revenue subledger systems
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to automate revenue accounting processes including reconciliation of data, reporting, and analysis
- Data flow/system integration knowledge between internal order management system, revenue subledger and ERP
- Manage a team of diverse individuals at various levels to accomplish tasks accurately and within specified deadlines
- Help build and develop the revenue team and mentor, educate, and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team
- Front line interaction with various business partners including Rev Rec, FP&A, and Sales Operations
- Work closely with Sales Operations to streamline the processes and improve efficiency
- Support the system stabilization related to revenue processes
- Manage and prepare schedules to support monthly reviews, quarterly audit, 10Q and 10K reporting process
- Responsible for Revenue & AR close for Americas
- Drive special projects through to completion
- 6+ years total experience in revenue accounting and public accounting (ideal candidate will have accounting firm and corporate experience)
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Required
- Prior management experience is required
- Experience with revenue recognition principles
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP required, (Oracle R12, RevPro and Salesforce is a plus)
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills (e.g. complex formula & vlookups experience) and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data
- Looking for the ideal candidate with a combination of strong communication, organization, and partnering skills in conjunction with technical experience
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to think through new situations and evaluate data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to management
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.