To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Site Reliability Engineer - All Levels - (Senior/Lead/Principal) (Multiple Locations)
Note: By applying to the Site Reliability Engineer posting, recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring Site Reliability Engineers will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Are you an upcoming or recent graduate (within the past 2.5 years)? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce . We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
About Salesforce Tech and Product Engineering
Our Tech and Product team is tasked with innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. Our platform is deeply customizable to meet the differing demands of our vast user base, creating an exciting environment filled with complex challenges for our hundreds of agile engineering teams every day.
Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video
We are Salesforce Engineering
Salesforce is seeking an engineering candidate to join the Site Reliability organization in one of our US locations. Working closely with counterparts in the Infrastructure and R&D organizations, this organization provides a global team of engineers monitoring cloud service availability and ready to swiftly repair any service-impacting issues. Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, in a follow-the-sun model, the Site Reliability team keeps the Salesforce cloud and our customers protected. As a member of the Site Reliability team, you will be tasked with detecting and resolving incidents within minutes. This objective is met by monitoring the services, reacting to problems, and proactively addressing issues before they affect performance or availability.
When not fighting fires, the team is responsible for fire prevention through monitoring, automation, self-healing and resiliency initiatives, destructive testing, and game day exercises. The incumbent in this role would demonstrate a strong focus on tactical operations, as well as large-scale production engineering and orchestration.
- Keep the customer-facing services available at top performance by maintaining the constant health of the supporting systems.
- Incident management - Act in key response roles during major incidents e.g. Sev0, Sev1. Also, participate in the technical review of the incident for problem management
- Problem Management - populate in participate in (Root Cause Analyses (RCAs) and hand them off to the Global Solutions team
- Ensuring that work carried out by the Site Reliability team is executed in such a way as to comply with the company’s internal compliance policy and directives
- Being available to discuss and resolve technical issues and escalations with other technical staff as required
- Work with and lead other members of the team in staying on top of key industry innovation and technology, and assist in team development growth
- Identifying work opportunities and preparing or assisting with the preparation of technical proposals as required
- Ability to operate in the high-pressure environment and troubleshoot complex issues quickly successfully handle multiple priorities
- Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- Systems engineering experience in enterprise scale internet service engineering or related role
- Expertise in TCP/IP related technologies (networking protocols, network programming, etc.)
- Expertise in CLI enterprise support of Unix variants (Linux/Solaris/BSD) as well as strong Linux/UNIX knowledge with significant exposure to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Solaris
- Experience with monitoring implementations and administration
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Past experience in Incident Management and ITIL service operations
- Experience in working in a 24/7 team managing large data centers
Benefits & perks:
We have a public-facing website https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/en that explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more. Visit for the full breakdown!
Open to Fully Remote, Flex (1-3 days/week in the office), or Office-Based (4-5 days/week in office)
- Masters in Computer Science
- Perl/Python/BASH scripting experience
- Prior Chef/Puppet or automated deployment experience
- Experience in maintaining a monitoring and alert systems
- Experience troubleshooting relational databases and distributed platforms
- Experience in maintaining Java applications
- Experience in Docker orchestration and management.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Hands on experience configuring and managing AWS (Amazon Web Services), using the CLI/SDKs
- Experience managing systems monitoring and alerts.
- Experience with JVM optimization and Java server technologies like Tomcat or Jetty
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.